IDRC launches inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report
IDRC has published its first-ever Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, highlighting our commitment to building a more sustainable and inclusive world.
A journey inspired by Strategy 2030
For over half a century, IDRC has championed and funded research and innovation to drive global change. Our dedication to these goals was renewed with Strategy 2030, which set out an ambitious agenda to support the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. IDRC’s ESG program recognizes that we could do more to contribute to this vision and highlights progress toward integrating ESG practices into our work.
A comprehensive framework
Our ESG program puts ESG initiatives at the heart of the Centre’s operations and provides a roadmap for implementing these priorities in everything we do. It takes stock of achievements so far and sets targets for our ESG performance.
The report underlines some important elements and outlines actions being taken to integrate ESG into our organization. Here are some key highlights:
- IDRC has set a goal for net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
- The recent move of IDRC’s headquarters to a new location in Ottawa provided an opportunity to apply ESG thinking to make a bigger difference.
- With 63.2% of senior managerial roles within IDRC held by women, the Centre is reinforcing its commitment to gender equality.
- IDRC made a generous donation of $CAD225,000 worth of furniture and equipment to community organizations in Ottawa.
- The Centre’s vibrant multicultural workforce speaks 25 different languages.
Our employees, leadership, Board of Governors and all stakeholders have been instrumental in our journey. Together, we'll continue to work towards creating a better world for all.