Attend the Ottawa launch of the report of the Lancet Commission on Peaceful Societies through Health Equity and Gender Equality
The report will be launched, in partnership with the Aga Khan Foundation Canada and Carleton University’s Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, on Thursday, November 2, 2023, at the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat, 199 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Canada and online from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
IDRC supported a portion of the work leading to the report through a project grant entitled “Supporting Metrics Working Group of the Lancet-Swedish Institute for Global Health Transformation Commission on Peace, Justice, and Gender Equality.” This 24-month grant was approved in late 2019 with Professor Valerie Percival of Carleton University as the principal investigator. She was also the leader of the Commission’s Metrics Working Group and is the lead author of this report.
Some authors of the report, partners, and experts will attend the event to discuss the findings and recommendations contained in the report. The speakers will include:
- Valerie Percival, associate professor, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, and associate director, MA Program, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- Dane Rowlands, professor of International Affairs, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- Oskar Timo Thoms, post-doctoral fellow, University of Toronto at Mississauga, Mississauga, Canada
- Paul Mkandawire, associate professor, Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- Montasser Kamal, director, Global Health, IDRC, Ottawa, Canada
- Yiagadeesen (Teddy) Samy, director and professor of International Affairs, Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
Read the Lancet article on the report and register for the launch. When registering, please indicate whether you will attend in person or online via Zoom. Those who attend in person may participate in an informal networking session and enjoy light refreshments prior to and after the event. Note that the session will be held in English only.