KIX call for proposals: Knowledge and innovation for supporting teacher professional development, agency, and well-being
IDRC and the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) are pleased to invite proposals for applied research projects that generate and mobilize evidence in support of contextualizing and scaling the impact of promising or proven innovative approaches to strengthen teacher professional development, agency, and well-being, in GPE partner countries.
While the broader domain of teacher professional development, agency, and well-being encompasses numerous significant aspects, this request for proposals focuses on two issues that can make a difference in teaching and learning. The challenges are:
- Improving the quality and scope of teacher education and development.
- Supporting teacher agency and well-being.
GPE and Innovation Exchange (KIX) aims to respond to these challenges by doing the following:
- Generating evidence about how to scale the impact of innovative approaches that address the challenges of teacher professional development, agency, and well-being.
- Strengthening the capacities of relevant stakeholders to use that knowledge and innovation.
- Mobilizing the evidence developed to improve policy and practice in education systems.
This funding opportunity is open to either individual organizations or consortia of up to three organizations working in Global Partnership for Education partner countries. Specific eligibility requirements, including funding and duration, vary across the three types of grants available (single country, multi-country and regional/global). Please consult the detailed call document for more specific eligibility requirements.
Currently, there are two KIX calls for proposals open, and this is one of them. For more information about this call, please read the detailed call for proposals document and frequently asked questions.
If you are eligible for this opportunity we welcome you to submit an application.