Climate Emergency in West Africa: Impacts and Insights
To maximize consideration for African perspectives on adaptation science, the IDRC has supported strengthening the contribution of African scientists to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), including the 6th Assessment Report of Working Group II (AR6-WG2) and its chapter on Africa.
On the occasion of the release of AR6-WG2, IDRC is organizing a webinar with the theme "Climate Emergency in West Africa: Impacts and Insights" to help disseminate the findings of AR6-WG2 and support West Africa's climate leadership. This webinar will take place on Tuesday, March 15, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. EDT (1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. UTC).
The webinar will:
- Highlight key findings, critical trends and emerging issues specific to West Africa;
- Identify gaps and define priorities for future research and action in West Africa.
Our speakers include:
- Edmond Totin – Lecturer at the Université Nationale d'Agriculture in Benin;
- Christopher Trisos – Director of the Climate Risk Lab at the University of Cape Town (South Africa);
- Adelina Mensah – Senior Researcher at the Institute for Environment and Sanitation Studies, College of Basic and Applied Sciences, University of Ghana;
- Seyni Nafo – High Representative of the President of the Republic of Mali on Climate and Spokesperson of the African Group of Negotiators on Climate Change;
- Zénabou Segda – President, Women Environmental Programme Burkina (Burkina Faso).
The webinar is free. Simultaneous interpretation in English and French will be available. Register now to join us live and share your views.