Keys to our success
IDRC is home to people who share a passion for international development research. We look for employees who truly believe that innovation and knowledge can solve some of the world’s most critical development challenges.
We value a diverse and inclusive workforce whose members build respect and trust when collaborating with one another, researchers, partners and other key stakeholders to achieve results together. We have more than 350 dedicated employees who come from a variety of backgrounds and speak more than 25 languages. They work from our six offices around the world, in Ottawa, Amman, Dakar, Montevideo, Nairobi and New Delhi.
We are committed to creating and fostering a respectful, diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace culture that reflects the people’s lives we impact and the Canadian community we work within, where everyone is comfortable being their authentic selves. We welcome Indigenous peoples and persons from all races, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and physical or mental abilities to be part of our team.
What we offer
At IDRC, we offer a stimulating work environment with colleagues who share your passion for international development. We provide ongoing learning and professional development opportunities through speaker series, forums, presentations and workshops with respected experts from around the world.
You will work with people who are socially and environmentally conscientious and we celebrate knowledge sharing and the exchange of ideas. Ultimately, we learn from and inspire one another.
Our competitive salaries and benefits include:
- Learning and professional development – international conferences, language training, in-house workshops, coaching and mentoring, and tuition reimbursement
- Internal movement opportunities
- Employer-paid leave – vacation and paid leave including closure between Christmas and New Year, summer hours or floater days, flexible work hours and alternate-working arrangements, such as compressed work week, telework, and compensatory time-off for travel
- Insurance coverage – medical, dental, and life insurance
- Pension plans – Public Service Pension Plan (defined benefit) and contribution pension plans
- Reward and recognition program, employee wellness program and travel health services