In accordance with the International Development Research Centre Act, IDRC publishes an annual report presenting our financial statements and results. It also profiles IDRC-funded researchers, highlights key projects and achievements, and outlines strategies and focus areas. It is the main way we report to Parliament and is an important tool for informing Canadians, partners and the wider public about our work. IDRC also prepares quarterly financial reports for each of the first three quarters of the fiscal year.
In addition, every year in the fall, IDRC hosts an annual public meeting to share information on the year's activities and provide interested citizens with the opportunity to question members of IDRC’s Board of Governors and senior managers. Currently, annual public meetings can be attended either in person or virtually. Consult our Events page for more details.
Past annual public meetings are available for viewing.
Annual report 2022-2023
Mobilizing alliances for greatest impact (2022-2023)
This year’s annual report highlights the power of partnerships to build a more sustainable and inclusive world. Partnerships play a critical role in maximizing IDRC’s investments in research for development. They are one of the pillars of IDRC’s Strategy 2030, which focuses on mobilizing alliances to achieve the greatest impact.
Past annual reports
- Advancing gender equality through research (2021-2022)
- Fighting COVID-19 and building better futures in the Global South (2020-21)
- Research for a sustainable and inclusive world (2019-2020)
- Partnering for global impact (2018-2019)
- Empowerment through research (2017-2018)
- Research for global challenges (2016-2017)
- Investing in solutions (2015-2016)
- Innovating for solutions (2014-2015)